Okay, maybe I'm having an emotional pregnant mama moment, but sometimes I'm still caught off guard just how much you can love your children. It's mind boggling to think how much Raegan has changed in the last 14 1/2 months! I can remember getting so excited at that first smile, and then that first chuckle. Then the first word (da-da of course) and the first time she said MaMa. Now she can count to 3 (I'm not lying, she really can!) and can generally get her point across at what she is trying to tell me. Communication with a one year old is an incredible thing. However, as I was putting her to bed tonight, she leaned over and gave me a kiss and for the first time said "LOVE YOU" without being told to say it. My heart melted into a pile of mush. It sounded a little more like "LOL LOU", but it was priceless to me! I've waited for this for a long time, and never thought at 14 months she would say that on her own. Maybe she doesn't know what it means yet, but I have waited a long time (just like every other mother has!) to hear my baby tell me "love you"!!!!! It's an incredible feeling.
Okay, enough gushing, here is what my "sweet" child has been into lately. Her world is all about discovering new things. This picture was taken one Saturday morning while wrapping our Cousin Ben's birthday presents. She climbed into the box, and folded the paper over her legs like she was going to be the present. If only we could have gotten off that cheap :)
Here she is standing in her daddy's shoes. She loves to drag our shoes out of the laundry room and match each pair to their owner. She's got a good record so far.
CAUGHT!!! Here is what I saw as I was coming out of the office. It just so happened I had my camera in hand. I managed to capture that "OH NO, she caught me" look on her face.
Here is what I found upon further investigation. The entire roll of toilet paper was strung all the way from my bathroom, and down the hall nearly making it to the living room (as you can see above). Her fascination with the bathroom is growing. YIPPY.
And another one of her new favorite tricks... flushing the toilet. Who would have thought that so much entertainment could come out of that cold, porcelain thing we all use everyday. The only set back is our water bill is sure to go up :)
The other evening while Tony was in the yard practicing his golf swing, she decided to try it out herself. She looked hilarious. 
She really wanted to do it herself, but is a little vertically challenged for this size club.
This is a cute picture of all the children at Ben's 3rd birthday party. From left to right, Ethan, Ellie, Raegan, Annie (hidden behind Raegan), Ben, Macie, Brodie, and Connor. They had a great time!
There is cool girl Annie. She took her job of holding Baby Raegan very seriously!
Here is a very mobile Brodie. He officially out-weighs Raegan now. He was 21 lbs at his last check-up and Raegan is just now 19 lbs.
Here is Ben, almost getting away with sticking his finger in that icing! So tempting!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment