Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Corn on the cob

We had corn with our dinner the other night and Raegan kept eyeing it while she reluctantly ate her strawberries and cheese. She thought ours looked MUCH better, so after I had eaten most of the kernels, I handed her the cob to see what she would do. Here is what happened.

First, she studied this strange new thing sitting on her tray. After watching us, she thought it looked easy enough to eat.
She tried to eat it like Mama and Daddy had...
but decided this approach worked better for her. Hey, whatever works right!
She gnawed on it for a few minutes and decided that it wasn't worth all the work she had to do just to get a little bite.
And this is her looking in the floor at the corn cob right after she threw it over the edge. It was a lot more work than she thought, so I think it might be awhile before she really gets the hang of it. :)

No comments: