Friday, July 06, 2007

Birthday Girl!!

Raegan is officially ONE!!! Can you believe that just one short year ago, I was in a hospital with this new baby thinking "What are we going to do with this little girl?" Well, she has certainly kept things hopping for the last year, and I definitely haven't gotten bored. Unfortunately, she had come down with a little cold the day before Independence Day. She felt a little crummy for her first 4th, but is feeling much better now. Here are just a couple of pics from our outing to the museum.

These were taken the morning of her actual B-day, July 5. She got lots of phone calls that day, and as you can see, she was "talking" in the wrong end of the phone :)
I really liked this look. It's like she is saying "Who me?"
I thought this was just a sweet picture. She was running around with a new dog toy that we got for the doggies. She kept saying, "Dow-Dow" which translates into "Doggie".We are having a big party for Raegan on Saturday, but decided to have a simple celebration on her actual birthday. Nana, Grandad and Mamaw all came over for some pizza and presents. We definitely had the most fun watching Raegan eat her little cake. Don't ask about the big ZERO candle... I have a 1 year old candle for her party, but couldn't find another one on short notice at the grocery store, so I opted for the big "0" instead. Raegan didn't seem to mind :)
She did not care for the fire on top of her cake. It definitely troubled her, so we took it off very quickly!She didn't really understand that she was allowed to make a mess. She seems to be saying "I get to do what?! And you're sure I won't get in trouble?!""Here Nana, you try it"
"This might be pretty good after all!""Hmm, this isn't too bad!""Okay, get this stuff off of me!" She sure did enjoy that cake. When I put her to bed that night, she sang to herself for about 20 minutes before finally dozing off. She was definitely on a sugar buzz!This was the only picture we got of Raegan messing with her presents. She could have cared less what we got her. She was just happy playing with her new 99 cent ball we got her.
Daddy and I played with her new stuff more than she did :)Daddy had to leave and go play in a softball game. We wished him luck, and turns out he won both of his games! Go Daddy!Raegan posed with Mamaw and Nana before they headed out.This is the cool new bubble machine that Mamaw got her. She loves to chase the bubbles! Well, I'm sure there will be lots more birthday pictures to come after her party on Saturday. Hope you won't get bored of them!

No comments: