Sunday, July 22, 2007

We're back!!!




NO, we didn't fall off the face of the earth. We actually just got back Saturday from a week long vacation to Hilton Head Island, SC. I think I still could use a couple of days rest before diving back into reality. Vacation sure wears us out now :) Ironic, but true when traveling with a kiddo. We had a wonderful time, despite Raegan falling ill on Wednesday night. She woke up screaming at 3:00 a.m., very hot with fever, and vomiting like no child should ever have to. This went on for about 15 minutes, and since we had no thermometer, and no way of keeping Tylenol down, we headed to the Hilton Head Emergency Room... which might I add is a very nice ER. After cramming a Tylenol suppository in my child, the ER doc gave her a thorough exam and found nothing that looked suspicious. He ordered a urinalysis, which was the NIGHTMARE of the whole ordeal. They ATTEMPTED to catheterize my child. It was the most horrific experience to date since Raegan has been alive, and I still find myself crying over is saying, "I'm the mom, I should have asked if there was another way, why did I hold her down and let them do that to her, etc" You get the picture. Anyway, after an unsuccessful attempt at getting urine through the catheter, they decide to then stick this simple little bag on her and let us wait for some pee. After 4 LONG hours in the ER, she still hadn't pee'd (but thank the Lord she had slept some) and the doc said all he could tell us was that it was a virus, avoid dairy products for a day or two, watch for a list of signs that she is getting worse, and let her get plenty of rest. It was funny, but while in the hospital room, the only thing that would calm Raegan down was me singing "Jesus loves me" and rocking her until she fell asleep. It's funny, because it is so true how Jesus loves us... enough to let our daughter rest peacefully the whole next day and seem fully recuperated by Friday. So what if we missed a fun day in the sun. God restored our sweet baby girl, and we all are back home safe and sound ( and healthy) and couldn't be happier. I'll be sure to post some pictures of our vacation, but I've got an early OB appointment in the morning, so I'm ready for some rest. Thanks to all of you who prayed us through this horrible ordeal. By the way, we might find out what the "new new" baby is tomorrow. I'll be sure to let you know!!!

No comments: