Sunday, October 21, 2007

Baby Drew and a sink bath

Here are the latest pictures of baby Drew. Yes, his name is going to be Drew (still not sure if officially Andrew or just Drew) This is a profile picture of his face. He is looking to the right side of the picture. Isn't he cute... he looks just like his mama :) It still amazes me that I can see his face while he is still inside my belly!!I am 28 weeks along now, and am praying that this baby will not come anytime soon. I have been having contractions since last week, but as of Friday I hadn't started dilating yet. I started at 33 weeks with Raegan, so this is quite a bit earlier. My Dr. wanted to put me on Brethene every 4 hours for the next 9 weeks, but he informed me that it's not "proven" to help. After much praying and questioning, we decided I would keep it on hand if they get worse and try and "take it easy". Not to sure how to do that taking care of a sick 15 month old, but I'm trying!
Speaking of sick baby, Raegan has been under the weather (runny nose, sneezing, coughing, low fever, etc.) for the last couple of days, and she seems to feel her best while playing in the bath tub. Naturally as a mom you try and do everything you know to make them feel a little better. Unfortunately, it's a little harder for me to bend over and bathe her once a day, let alone 3-4 times a day. So today, we decided to try out the ever-faithful sink bath. She loves to play in the water and got a kick out of running the faucet (not so good for the water bill :) As you can see she is still small enough to fit in the sink. It made me realize just how little she still is.
This is her "all gone" expression. She has just dumped all the water out of her cup and was making sure that I knew that it was indeed all gone.
Naturally, there were lots of "Uh Oh's" while in the sink. It was just too tempting being that close to the edge!Who knew that a cool whip lid and plastic cup could be so much fun. She was hard at work trying to make this lid fit, and finally got it to balance on top. Why do we even bother to buy toys?!?! You can really see how weak her eyes are in this one. We have all had a rough couple of nights and are looking forward to some good rest. Pray that it will come soon! Getting up every few hours doesn't make a restful nights sleep nor does it qualify as "taking it easy"!

Sadly it is 8:45 and I'm going to bed.

No comments: